3/14/05

Get on that high horse

So it seems that up in Shamus's neck of the woods, they're going to start giving away heroin to anyone who wants it, up to 3 times a day, 7 days a week.

I for one, think this sucks.

I mean, how do heroin addicts rate? Heroin isn't even that hip a drug anymore, yet for some reason, these guys are getting special treatment and 3 free fixes a day from the government. I think this is highly unfair to the crack, weed and meth addicts.

On the other hand, If I were a crack user, and thinking of making the switch to H, this program would be really good incentive to stop procrastinating. I'd be thinking, "I couldn't afford heroin before, but now they're giving the shit away. How can I afford not to move up? I don't even have to go to a shitty part of town to score."

The least they could do is make it taste like Pepto Bismol or something, instead of mixing it with a 2 oz. shot of your choice.

3 comments:

  1. FORMER neck of the woods, thank you very much. In my current neck of the woods, they give away all the roadkill you can eat.
    Hmmmmm. Roadkill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I actually have nothing to say to this...I am speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty9:05 AM

    As a recovering heroin addict it is still alive and well and addiction is RAMPANT. The recovering part of me thinks that program is insane, and isn't going to help any addicts, it's just going to make it less bothersome for non-addicts. But ya know, who cares if some junkies die, at least they're not in the way anymore... However, the addict part of my brain is considering looking up apartment listings in Vancouver O.o Kudos to Canada for giving people the "freedom" to continue to hurt themselves.

    ReplyDelete