8/2/08

Bicycle Mary.

My wife just started a new job, and the husband-t0-be of one of the women she works with plays in a local band. I expected them to be a standard no-talent, upstate NY classic rock bar band, but much to my surprise, I really liked their stuff.

Think Gin-Blossoms meets Toad the Wet Sprocket meets Jellyfish and you'll have a good idea of their sound. Those are the influences I hear, anyway. I haven't had the opportunity to check them out in person yet, but I plan to. You can listen to their CD here, or visit their myspace page here.

Tell'em Johnny sent ya.

And actually, it occurred to me that since I'm pimping a band I don't even know, that I should also pimp a couple of my friends' bands. So if you get a chance, check them out as well: IKE and The Badlees.

Let me know what you think.

12 comments:

  1. Hey, they weren't half bad.

    Anytime that someone tried to get me to listen to "so and so's" local band, I always expect really bad covers of overplayed song....so at least these guys are original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they sound great! for a fellow upstate new yorker I hope i see them around! thank u for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:10 PM

    I realize that this has nothing to do with your mad home improvement skilz or your sweet, sweet ride but I'm glad I don't have to click my way through 73 runtime error messages just to get your page to load.

    Of course, I get a shitload of them whenever I leave your page so I may still get them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? That's the first I've heard of any issues...is it just my page? Sitemeter problems or something? What does it say? Is anyone else having the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:03 AM

    JV - I've been seeing the same "debug error" message, but I just figure your site is worth clicking through them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:51 AM

    I'm not having any problems, with your page or any others. I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.16.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:02 PM

    Hey, I've heard The Badlees. They used to play at Penn State like, all the time. Neat that they're still going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're not really -- but they do have a new CD coming out soon. Pete's living in LBI and not really involved in singing any more, but supposedly most of the songs are done, and he's agreed to do the vocals, so we'll see. It could be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. KC, can you mail a screenshot of it to johnnyvirgil@myway.com? I'd love to get to the bottom of it, since I don't see it in IE or Firefox.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:42 PM

    It's not just your site but yours is the only one that has 72 of the fuckers. It's an Object Error message on line 52, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:40 PM

    I like em!

    "Wide lawns & Narrow minds" turned me on to you.

    I've peed my pants twice now, thank you very much.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a Northeast PA resident, I have known of and enjoyed the Badlees since the early 90s. In fact, Pete is an alumnus of Susquehanna University, my alma mater.

    I loved River Songs, Angeline is Coming Home is one of my personal favorites. Hopefully they can get a new album out with Pete.

    ReplyDelete