Apparently, these guys dug up over 50 grand while removing a small tree in their back yard.
Things I have dug up in my back yard over the years:
1. A small tree (no cash bonus)
2. A septic tank (pumped out, $110)
3. Gigantic boulders in the exact places I needed to put the supports for my deck (broken auger, $50)
4. My cable television wire (severed, $45)
5. Construction debris (aggravation, free)
6. Electrical power line to my shop (severed, $25)
7. Previously buried dog shit (quickly reburied)
I really have to start digging in back yards that belong to other people, since almost all of the attempts in my own yard seem to actually cost me money.
On the other hand, maybe I should just stop digging altogether, since it also appears that I am not to be trusted with a shovel.