2/2/06

State of the Island Address

I didn't get a chance to actually watch the state of the union address, so today I read the transcript. I was following along quite nicely when suddenly, I read this:

"Tonight I ask you to pass legislation to prohibit the most egregious abuses of medical research -- …creating human-animal hybrids … "

I realize this is a huge concern for the entire population. If they outlaw it, it'll just mean only the rich will be able to get it done. In fact, just today I was telling a co-worker that I was having a bitch of a time trying to find someone to graft a rhino horn to my forehead. I found one guy in Mexico, but he doesn't guarantee his work.

I had my eye on that horse-penis upgrade too, but my wife gave the old thumbs-down to that idea. Truthfully, I'm a little surprised she went for the horn. I didn't really expect that.

Anyway, I just thought I'd bring this up and see what you all thought. I am, after all, what they call a "single-issue voter," and I gotta say: I think human-animal hybrids is my issue.

Also, I heard that Cheney was trying to get G to flip-flop on his whole anti-hybrid stance and just go for that bitchin' cheetah mod. He said Putin would shit his pants.

3 comments:

  1. If you scroll your main page just right it looks like GW is wailing "I am not an animal!" ...nice juxtaposition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you see why I don't watch the State of the Union. WB, baby. I'm telling you-that's where it's at. No human-animal hybrids there. Only a ghost who killed people with his ghost truck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:45 AM

    I was trying to pay attention to the address but I blanked on this..can I try the Libby defense and just say that I was too busy? Animal/human hybrids? Aren't there a few women who have paid plastic surgeons to make them look like cats? Very funny!

    ReplyDelete