12/1/05

Another IM conversation with Yort goes horribly wrong.

Yort: It's not looking like i'll be getting an x-box 360 this week.
Me: I didn't know you planned on getting one.
Yort: you never listen anymore.
Me: I thought it was just console lust.
Yort: i'm going to mother's.
Me: take that damn dog with you.
Yort: it's your damn dog.
Me: Hey, I didn't ASK for a dog for Christmas.
Yort: you hinted around hard enough.
Me: Yeah, learn the difference between a German Shepherd and a Pekingese, you stupid bitch.


I don't know why it happens. It just does.

Some other miscellaneous crap while I think of something to post:

1. How ridiculous are those hubcaps that keep spinning after the car stops? I saw a set of those again on the way home. Every time I see them, I want to stop their glittery rotation using the driver's face. Damn, those things annoy me.

2. Speaking of bad ideas, I wished I had my camera with me yesterday. I stopped at the store on the way home, and when I came out there was a giant, 4x4 purple hearse parked next to me. My car was dwarfed by this thing. I have no idea why someone would put actual time and money into doing this. It boggles my mind. It looked exactly like this except it was bright purple.

3. I sent an e-mail to my brother the genius scientist. He got a new job and is moving to Boston, but I thought his last day was the 5th. Apparently not, because I got this auto-reply:

Hi All,

I am no longer with Bristol-Myers Squibb. I enjoyed my time here greatly, and hope you will all keep in contact. I have gone to Boston to pursue RNA interference therapies with Alnylam.

Houdini

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I think it may have something to do with a warrior-prince and some sort of epic quest.

5 comments:

  1. Spinners are beyond my understanding though, I must say, they are pretty cool on motorcycles... Hard Core Asinine 4x4 action is indeed bizarre in the extreme. My suburban is a 4x4 but aside from the test drive, I've never used it. Grats to Houdini!

    RCS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, exactly. If you gain the power to mess with someone's RNA, you can drop them like *that*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:07 PM

    Maybe Prince is in town? Although, a ginormous SUV if it was driven by Prince, kind of flies in the face of all those penis-envy-overcompensation theories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like me and Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:54 AM

    You two sound like you've been married for a while.

    ReplyDelete