9/7/06

Vacation, all I ever wanted...

I'm on vacation this week, and I'm "doing stuff around the house." Sanding and painting the front porch, and doing other winter prep activities that revolve around trying to burn coal this winter instead of wood.

I can't believe it's even time to think about that yet. Today is the first decent day since I got back from Arizona, and I hate having to spend it on chores. On the other hand, blogging opportunities arise wherever you recognize them, and today is no exception.

One of the guys who installed the new stove came back today today to install a heat shield. He was a nice enough guy, but he smelled like cat pee, cigarettes and B.O., which is a veritable cornecopia of olfactory foulness.

He was wearing a tie dye tee-shirt and had a pony tail and one of those whispy beards that are only on the very end of your chin. While I won't go as far as to say that he smokes crack, I will go so far as to say he likes to share his crack, as evidenced by my hastily snapped cell phone photo:



Seriously, at one point his pants were so low I am pretty sure I inadvertently saw the back of his marble bag.

Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for you, the camera resolution isn't high enough to show you all the gory details. I only wish there was a way to make that picture scratch n' sniff, so you all could join me in my pain.

10 comments:

  1. Puke. I wish I hadn't just eaten lunch.

    Have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live skit with Dan Akkroyd as a refrigerator repairman? That man is HAIRY. Gilda Radner can't even keep a straight face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, JV, you've influenced my dreams for the worse. I just know that image is going to come back, eerily suspended on my retina, as soon as I close my eyes tonight to compose myself for sleep.

    Damn you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to burn my eyes out with acid.

    No just kidding. This is still the best blog out there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Johnny. You made my day. Kudos to you for being the best kamikaze photographer.

    And the Ackroyd skit was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact he's wearing a tie-dye shirt. You just know he's all about free love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys have no idea. Did I mention that his ass was covered in pimples? Because if not, you can add that to your collective mental images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pain is cracking me up!

    CRACKING me up .. get it?

    * rim shot *

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya know, if you cover enough of him with your hands, it looks like a fat lady's cleavage, if that helps any.

    ReplyDelete