7/27/06

You can bring a source to water...

Just once, I would like to see a news story that doesn't contain these words:

"They spoke with us on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to disclose details."

I'm not sure if it's just that goverment officials have all the secret-withholding willpower of a ten year old girl, or if it's because they're trying to maintain some sort of plausible deniability, but that phrase and those like it are starting to irritate the piss out of me.

Basically, if you're not authorized to talk about something, then please, STFU about it.

Either that, or go get me someone who IS authorized, because I want names. I want to know that the person who is telling me stuff knows what they are talking about. The way things stand now, I could be getting my information on the unfolding situation in Lebanon from an Israeli general or the ex-janitor at Hezbollah High, and I would have no way of knowing which one it really was.

I try not to get political on my blog, but when I read stuff like this it pisses me off:

"... al-Zawahri said, adding that "all the world is a battlefield open in front of us."

"The war with Israel does not depend on cease-fires. ...It is a jihad (holy war) for the sake of God and will last until (our) religion prevails ... from Spain to Iraq," he said. "We will attack everywhere."


Sources close to Johnny Virgil, speaking under condition of anonymity because they are not technically authorized to speak about Johnny Virgil's alleged beliefs, nonetheless believe that Johnny Virgil may possibly believe that this al-Zawahri dude needs to get his 72 virgins ASAP.

Wow. When I sat down, I planned this post to be a funny comparison of bike people. Oh well. That's what I get for watching the news while I blog. Maybe next time.

10 comments:

  1. I don't want to go off on a riff, but what the hell, it's only the internet. The Fuggin' press is the willing tool to political hacks, corporate fuggers, psychos with an ax to grind, etc...Anybody.

    Since they are either strapped for resources or just plain lazy, the press really is unable to hit the streets and find real stories. They seek out victims, their families, crazy mofos with an opinion. All just to fill space on a paper or newscast that people are increasingly unwilling to sit through.

    Ah hell, maybe I am just a crazy fugger with an ax to grind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only consolation is knowing we are all going to die, so what the heck. If I really thought about it, the news could really make me depressed. I don't know where I stand anymore. I just prefer to put my head in the sand and pretend I don't understand any of it. Which isn't far from the truth.. I feed my cat, water my plants, leave the TV OFF, and don't really believe anyone about anything anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG those fucking bike people get me so damn angry...jerks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That should be "the ex-janitor of Hezbollah Madrassah High, home of the Angry Arabs.*"

    *That's their football team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:53 AM

    I had a bike tard post get offed by my depression over the news. Nothing is funny to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might be hard for people to take it seriously when the president regularly uses this method of leaking information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, like I always say, there's nothing like a good leak.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, it's all NPI - Non Public Information. Pretty soon they won't even be able to tell us a weather forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. is there a cosmic link to you posting about leaks and your blog advertisement for fart spray?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude we are blogtopsites Neighbors!

    ( http://r2000.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete