7/19/06

This is my life.

Here's an actual IM conversation I had yesterday at work:

9:02AM Helpdesk: HI - is there any issues with the system? I'm getting emails for people who cannot log in.

9:02AM Johnny Virgil: right now? or from earlier?

9:03AM Helpdesk: yes

9:03AM Johnny Virgil: yes right now, or yes from earlier?

9:03AM Helpdesk: yes, from today

9:03AM Johnny Virgil: right now, or from earlier today?

9:03AM Helpdesk: since 8am

9:04AM Johnny Virgil: OK, let me try one more time. There was a problem earlier. It should be resolved. If they are having a problem at This Exact Moment In Time, then that's a different issue.

9:04AM Helpdesk: OK, I'll just have them try again. Thx

It's not just me, right?

12 comments:

  1. Aw Christ. No it's not just you. I have a similar conversation at least 3 times a day I swear to God. Sometimes I'm like WTF is up with this company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Gotta love the help desk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't work in glorious Albany, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Albany? Where the hell is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny as hell : )

    I love the whole abbott and costello routine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My biggest issue is that they wrote "Is there any issues?"

    I'm sorry? GET YOUR GOD DAMNED VERB/NOUN AGREEMENT STRAIGHT OR YOU CAN STICK YOUR HELPDESK 'ISSUE' SOMEPLACE BIOLOGICALLY IMPROBABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's ok Nessa...take it easy....breathe...deep breaths..that's good..now think of your happy place...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:08 AM

    Nah, it isn't just you. And it gets worse when you have to report your problems by email, then you still get silly, unhelpful answers. From the help desk.
    The fun part is to see how much sillier you can make the exchange. That will get you through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I was waiting for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not you....haha

    My husband is an problems response engineer on the escalations team for brocade systems with HP. His office is in the basement, and I hear him all the time with problems like this, they crack me up. But he pulls his hair out.

    I hear him say things like, and the power is ON? Right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. God Bless America.

    Your help desks suck even more than ours. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:07 PM

    When will then be now?

    ReplyDelete