2/20/12

I'm shutting down this blog forever.

A little while ago, I took my blog down for one day to join what seemed like the rest of the world in protesting SOPA -- except I wasn't exactly sure how to do it so I ended up applying a password to the blog instead of making it go away. Shortly thereafter, I received an awesome e-mail from a woman named Angela telling me how much she enjoyed reading my mental diarrhea, and asking if I'd share the password with her. To sweeten the deal, she said she'd send me some coffee samples from a new line her company was launching.

I told her the shutdown was only temporary, and it would be back to normal the next day, and then I pretty much forgot about it. A few days later the UPS guy staggered up to the door holding a giant box, and had me sign for it.

When I dragged it inside and opened it, this fell out:



That's like 25 lbs of free coffee from mother-parkers.com. I'm thinking about shutting my blog down permanently just to see if I win the lottery.

Each bag is filled with coffee from a particular region, and the coffee comes from 5 different regions. I had really expected some sample packets, maybe enough to make a cup or two of each flavor. It's pretty good stuff too, but I wish it wasn't pre-ground. (Beggars can't be choosers as my mom used to say.) So far I've tried the 100% Colombian and the 100% Ethiopian, and both were really tasty.

Tomorrow morning, for the first time ever, I'm going to take an extra-long shower and then go 100% Brazilian. (I've heard it's very smooth but a little hard to get used to at first. I'll let you know.)

[Edit: I've shut off that horrible new captcha. Let's see how much spam I get.]

20 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Coffee is all well and good, but mother-parkers.com set my malware alerts off like crazy. Was that the real link or was my rss highjacked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upstate Broad8:34 PM

    Damn, you scared the crap out of me! Don't even joke about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:07 PM

    I had a tiny heart attack when I read the title of this post. So if you're floating the idea to see if we'll hate it--we do!
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bejebus!
    Don't even joke about that! I saw the title and said "Damn IT! Every freaking time I find a blog I really love, they stop writing!"

    I'll give back all the bacon if you promise never to scare us like that again. pinkie swear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I send gifts, will you keep posting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon, that's really weird. It doesn't set off any bells on my mac using safari and Avast!.

    UB, sorry, I guess it was a bad joke. Although at the rate I've been posting, I might as well pack it in.

    Sandi, it kind of was. A little.

    Tracy, I'll keep at it until I lose my sense of humor. Or until nobody comes here anymore.

    Ima, this sounds promising.

    Also, what's up with Blogger switching to Captcha? What a pain in the ass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not funny. At all.

    Good deal on the coffee though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Supremely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you're having a good laugh at all of our mini-heart attacks regarding the fear of you shutting down your site. I guess that's one way to get your viewership down - killing us with fear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spam, spam, spam. By the way, the link didn't set off any alarms with my machine, and it's got pretty tight security. Spam, spam, spam.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, did you get any of the stuff that tastes like cat shit? What passes for my mind just boggles at the idea of drinking that stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rick, are you talking about the one that is supposedly crapped out by monkeys? I've heard about that, but never tried it. This was a bundle of pretty standard varieties.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Civet cats are what craps the beans I think, don't think it would be my cup or tea though. Turn of phrase is of course intentional...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rick, YES, that's the one I was thinking of. And no, I haven't tried it. Muskrat, Yes. Yes I am.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mr Virgil - I also received malware notification from Avast.

    "Infection Details
    URL: http://mother-parkers.com/home_mainframe...
    Process: file://C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\...
    Infection: html:Iframe-inf"

    Do I need to open a helpdesk ticket?

    I love coffee. I need to start a blog. dj

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous8:06 PM

    I work with coffee snobs. So the coffee is always good, and I just buy what they tell me to replenish the stock. Wish I could get a huge box of good stuff!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got a malware alert from Avast on Firefox as well. Too bad - I was looking forward to checking out that site.

    ReplyDelete
  18. From what I've been reading, it looks like Avast is throwing a false positive on html:Iframe-inf

    ReplyDelete