2/27/12

Free Candy.

I have a bad habit of turning the passenger-side of my car into a dumpster. It drives my wife nuts. But since I rarely if ever have passengers, it just sort of happens over time, especially in the winter when I don't have a chance to clean my car. For instance, I've had the Miata's license plates sitting on the floor since I took the car off the road in October. I never actually made it to the DMV to turn them in because I'm a lazy piece.

Sunday morning I stopped over to Paul's house to help his wife figure out what to do with some of his camping gear, and ended up taking a few things. They also ended on the floor in my car. I had some tools in the back that I wanted to remember to take into the house, so I put those there too. Of course, that didn't happen, and so everything sat there.

The next day was monday and as a result I sucked it up and went to work, since that's the kind of guy I am. I figure it's bad form to call in sick on a monday. Unless you're actually sick, I mean. Since I get there very early, I parked where I usually park, which is right in front of the building because, well, lazy piece.

As I grabbed my coffee and my laptop, I happened to look over at the floor of the passenger side and saw this:



Jesus. I think the only thing missing was a bottle of chloroform and a rag.

After work I drove home very carefully, going the exact speed limit the entire way.

Then I cleaned my car.


19 comments:

  1. Ashton Kutcher couldn't have planned that set up any better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flo-dee-doe7:56 PM

    Oh. My. God. I think I pulled a muscle laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. flo-dee-doe7:57 PM

    Oh. My God. I think I pulled a muscle laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, can you tell us where Jimmy Hoffa is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:11 PM

    Looks like my truck! Usually the gun is real.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Move to Texas - no one would think twice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! My front seat looks like that, too. Well...not like that, exactly. It's mostly Bed Bath & Beyond coupons, cereal bar wrappers and empty gum packages. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. bwhahaha@ KC -totally right.

    as soon as i saw the pic i laughed so hard i woke the baby up! didn't even need the inventory list.

    and i have the garbage passenger side too. lazy pieces unite! oh.. wait, never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. add bleach and some black plastic trash bags, and i think you've got the complete kit...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a better person than I am! If I had noticed that on a Monday morning I would've offered to take my boss out for lunch. Then while driving down the road lock the doors and say something like "so I wanted to talk to you about a raise...."

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a better person than I am! If I had noticed that on a Monday morning I would've offered to take my boss out for lunch. Then while driving down the road lock the doors and say something like "so I wanted to talk to you about a raise...."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a recipe on how to get on Dateline NBC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it! thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just spit hot chocolate onto my keyboard from laughing. Thanks for the morning pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes...and the bag of lime. I had a simliar experience recently...I found myself in line at the grocery store on Valentine's day making the unfortunate purchase combination of wine, ice cream and a box of tissues. I figured the cashier probably wondered if I was going to burst into tears right there...

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Brute - that is HILARIOUS. Almost as funny as JV's post, which still has me chuckling. I do wonder sometimes what anyone looking in my van thinks, what with the usual combo of things that exist in it. ("What, does she haul hay in this thing?" Answer: yes) I must say I haven't got any guns (fake or real), knives or rope, though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The only thing that would make this better is if the car you drive is a white windowless van.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so hilarious. Tickled my funny bone. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  19. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.Thanks for the Sundy morning laugh. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete